At Lehigh Regional Medical Center, quality care is our number one priority.
Opening in the the spring of 2019, our inpatient behavorial health unit
will reside within the hospital and will be designed specifically for
adults ages 55 and older who are experiencing a wide range of emotional,
social and behavorial issues that affect the healthy function of their
daily lives. We believe that a supportive, family-oriented environment
is one of the first steps to recovery, and we encourage family involvement
in our patients' care.
Our team will offer a wide range of medical and behavioral health services,
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Management of medical conditions
- Medication management
- Dietary consultation
- Recreational therapy assessment and treatment
- Psychotherapy: individual, family and group
- Education for patients and families on diagnosis, treatment options and
- Assistance with discharge planning and financial issues
Also in the spring of 2019, the hospital will resume its
Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) program. For those who can't use or don't respond to medication
ECT is a treatment option. It can also help patients in life-threatening situations;
for example, someone at risk of suicide.