At Lehigh Regional Medical Center, quality care is our number one priority.
Our inpatient behavorial health unit will reside within the hospital and
will be designed specifically for adults ages 55 and older who are experiencing
a wide range of emotional, social and behavorial issues that affect the
healthy function of their daily lives. We believe that a supportive, family-oriented
environment is one of the first steps to recovery, and we encourage family
involvement in our patients' care.
Our team will offer a wide range of medical and behavioral health services,
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Management of medical conditions
- Medication management
- Dietary consultation
- Recreational therapy assessment and treatment
- Psychotherapy: individual, family and group
- Education for patients and families on diagnosis, treatment options and
- Assistance with discharge planning and financial issues
Also, the hospital will resume its
Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) program. For those who can't use or don't respond to medication
ECT is a treatment option. It can also help patients in life-threatening situations;
for example, someone at risk of suicide.