Probiotics Not Shown to Soothe Babies' Colic, Review Finds
Experts say parents should check with doctors for excessive crying, fussiness
Study Finds No Connection Between Autism, Celiac Disease
Research casts doubt on practice of placing children with autism on a gluten-free diet, experts say
In Type 2 Diabetes, Gut May 'Taste' Sugar Differently
Small study suggests people with condition absorb glucose more rapidly
Breast-Feeding May Pass Good Bacteria From Mom to Baby
Study found same beneficial strains in the guts of mother and child, as well as in breast milk
- Gluten-Free and Worry-Free in Georgia
Lower Bacteria Levels in Gut May Be Tied to Autism in Kids
Study compared digestive tract samples from 40 children
Your guide to tummy troubles.
A digestive disorder caused by gastric acid flowing from the stomach into the esophagus.
An irritation, inflammation, and infection of the appendix.
Quality care for digestive health
From the latest diagnostic procedures to advanced treatment services, Lehigh Regional Medical Center offers a full range of care for digestive health. Our gastroenterologists have the training and expertise to treat everything from ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome to colorectal and stomach cancers.
We offer the latest diagnostic techniques, including advanced imaging technology and a range of endoscopic procedures. Our gastroenterologists provide the latest treatment options to deliver quality care for a wide range of digestive disorders, including:
- Appendicitis and peritonitis
- Dietary sensitivities such as celiac disease and lactose intolerance
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Barrett's esophagus
- Gastrointestinal viruses, infections and general discomfort
- H. pylori and ulcers
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's disease and diverticular disease
- Stomach, esophageal and colorectal cancer