Comprehensive rehabilitation for pulmonary disease
Lehigh Regional Medical Center pulmonary rehabilitation services help improve
quality of life for people with chronic lung disease such as asthma, chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, chronic bronchitis and
lung cancer. By focusing on each individual’s specific needs, our
- Medical management
- Breathing therapies
- Exercise and nutrition
- Emotional support and encouragement
Our multidisciplinary pulmonary rehabilitation team includes respiratory
therapists, exercise professionals, dietitians and other clinicians who
provide a customized approach to meet the needs of each individual. Rehabilitation
programs are designed to:
- Reduce shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms.
- Build strength, endurance and physical fitness to enhance everyday activities.
- Improve nutritional knowledge and practices.
- Provide education about living with pulmonary disease, including self-management
- Offer emotional support and encouragement.
Our comprehensive services ensure individuals have the tools they need
to manage their condition effectively — from thorough assessment
by a trained respiratory therapist and supervised exercise, to relaxation
and breathing techniques. Trained rehabilitation specialists are focused
on helping individuals lead an active, fulfilling life.